Friday, March 16, 2007

Prayers for Baby Jacob Wesley

LATEST UPDATE ON BABY JACOB - As of 7:30 PM - Sunday - 3/18/07: Jacob is doing much better! He is breathing on his own now ... and has had the feeding tube removed ... and is also being fed by the nurses now. Thanks so much - for the many prayers for Jacob!!

UPDATE ON BABY JACOB - As of 7:30 PM - Saturday-3/17/07: Good news! Jacob is doing a little better - and is on only 40% oxygen now. He is to be at St. Mary's in West Palm Beach 4-7 days. The Docs anticipate that he will recover. I'll continue to update here. Thanks for your prayers!
MAIN POST:
My Niece, Kristina,
gave birth to beautiful Jacob Wesley on Thursday - 3/15/07 - at Martin Memorial in Stuart, FL. He weighed in at 8'3" and everything seemed great.
On Friday (3/16), Jacob started having problems ... and that afternoon he was transferred to the Children's Hospital at St. Mary's in Palm Beach area. Kristina had a C-Section - and her Doctors recommended that she not travel - but she has insisted on checking herself out of the hospital - to travel to be with her little baby. Her Mom, Vicki, came up from Miami on Saturday - to drive her down to Palm Beach ... and my brother, Wes (the guy in the photos - with the beard), and his wife, Michele, are caring for her other son, David (see updated photos). You may remember the photos I posted a while back - of Kristina and baby David - who was born November 29, 2005. They are both beautiful babies.
By the way - in the photos of David - 16 months - the center photo is also my Niece, Kaitlyn. She is my brothers youngest.
Please keep Baby Jacob - and Kristina and David (his parents) ... and our family, in your prayers. It will be much appreciated.
Thank You!
Brenda aka 'Aunt Bea'







6 comments:

beachgirl said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Please keep us posted on his condition.
Carol

ClickGirl said...

Thanks Carol!

Baby Jacob made it through the night. This morning - they tried to take him off the oxygen - but he couldn't breathe on his own - so they had to put him back on again. I'll keep you posted ... as I have updates.

I really appreciate your prayers!

Warm regards,

Brenda

Leslie: said...

Prayers coming to you all from the south west corner of Canada. God hears all prayers - may He bless you all at this difficult time.

ClickGirl said...

Thank you Leslie!

A friend of mine sent me these two passages - which I thought were so beautiful:

“Neath the shade of Thy protecting wings let me nestle, and cast upon me the glance of Thine all-protecting eye.”

“Let this suckling babe be nursed from the breast of Thy loving-kindness, guard it within the cradle of Thy safety and protection . . .”
Abdu’l-Baha


Thanks to All ... for your prayers and concern! I've updated the front page of my Blog ... and will continue to update - as I get more details.

Peace,
Brenda

beachgirl said...

Thats great news Brenda about the baby. He sounds like a real fighter.
Thank you for the warning on the dog food. We only feed Izzie dry food. And same with the cat. So far they are saying only the wet food. And the pets seem fine.
I hope all is going well in your world.
Carol

ClickGirl said...

Thanks Carol! Yes - we are relieved. He is not totally out of the woods yet - but this is a huge step forward. So - good news!

Glad to hear your dogs are 'safe' from danger. My friend is so upset. One of his dogs is 7 - the other one 4 (that's the one that may not make it). Anyway - I'm glad to pass along the warning ... if it will save a beloved pet.

Take care. Thanks for dropping by!

Brenda