Friday, June 30, 2006

Busy Life!!

I know that I've been MIA (missing in action) for a while ... but I read the Blogs almost every day - to keep up with what is happening in Blog-Land - although I haven't had a lot of time to write. So ... here are just a few of the reasons that I've been busy!

Work! That's a huge reason! I had eight projects at one time (industry standards suggest that 'a good Producer' can handle three at a time) - and that included five events in four weeks. I finished off the eight projects in May and, since then, I've been trying to catch up on personal 'stuff' ... and have begun two new projects at work ... and have bids out on two others.

One project that took a lot of my time ... and my heart ... was a video production for Family Service Center in Largo, FL. This center offers counseling services for children and families of sexual abuse. The photos here are stills that I took while on a video shoot at USF-St. Pete Library ... and they are from a display of masks that were created by the abuse victims. The first photo is in the entry way ... and has so many masks hanging down. The thing that struck me most - was how many there were. Each one represented a person who was abused. So sad.



These close up shots (with titles), show masks that were created ... with the persons name, age and who their perpetrator was. The creation of these masks is part of their therapy ... and helps them to express their feelings about a very difficult and personal time in their lives. I was deeply moved by this exhibit ... and it was an honor to have had the opportunity to produce their video - that will help to educate people about the center ... and help to raise funds for this very important organization.

PLEASE CONTINUE READING (below) FOR REST OF POST!